Saturday, April 20, 2013

Our week with Letter D

{Livy is 3y8months and Preston is 13 months}

Tot School

We recently discovered Easy Peasy- All in One Homeschooling (here) and love it!! Their Facebook page for more info is here. We did A, B, C, last week, but decided to slow things down and focus on just "D" this week.  I am also trying out a new Tot School Planning Form which is very helpful. That will be the basis of our blog post.

Letter of the week: D
Book of the week: Anything with Dora :)
Bible Verse of the week: Do all things without complaning or disputing. Phil 2:14
Bible Story: Daniel and the Lions Den



Language
Book Activity: reading Dora books, acting them out with Dora dolls
Mini Book: from Raising Rockstars pre-k program; colored and cut out
Coloring and Vocab: computer work on EP

Mathematics
Manipulatieves and sorting: the girls loved sorting out colors, JELLY BEANS :), and for fine motor practive, itty bitty beans, lentils, and pasta shapes. Tiny scoops, spoons, and funnels made it more fun too. :)




 Numbers and Shapes: done on the computer through various websites (starfall.com and a new curious george site the girls really enjoyed).

Sensory:
Had plans to make playdough but didn't happen. Found an AWESOME etsy store (here) you can BUY a sensory bin from. May sound silly to some, but when the nearest dollar store /walmart is 30+ mins away and you have to drag all the littles....it is much more appealing to buy a couple of the kits and go from there. We have a pasta one the girls play with but it has been around for months and they are itching for something new. I have plans to get the Spring/garden one. We did make Squish Bags though...great idea in theory.. ;) Inspired from these: squish bags galore!



Ingredients (all from Dollar Tree): hair gel or body wash, zip lock bags, glitter, and something to put in them. We used numbers. I was going to make Preston one with snakes but he had so much fun playing with the snakes on their own I left them out. We added everything and I put clear duct tape at the top. The bags felt really thing though....I wondered how long they would last. :(


 Oh and food coloring, we added that too. The kids though they were just "eh". I gave one to Preston and he ripped it from my hands and tried to bite it! :(

Craft/Painting: Lots of printouts from the EP site (using the Getting Ready Level 1). Forget to get pics.

Practical Life
Fine Motor: sorting again and writing practice. We used this site for printouts and ideas: (here) Livy did really well with the handwriting. She would stop midway and say...Take my picture, Mom! :) We used a page protector and dry erase marker and did it several times per day.





 Love her little face!
Gross Motor: Jumping on the indoor trampoline and playing on the slide, swinging, time at the park and outside.
And here are some cute pics of Preston. I didn't get any pictures of it, but we did a "D" discovery basket with ducks, a dump truck, "d" books, a cookie dough tube with various things in it to dump/put back in, a wooden doll, etc.

He is walking everywhere and wants to be Mr. Independent  :)
Makenna is in Kindergarten, but we started today (here) with the Easy Peasy website. We finished 4 days all at once, since the words and reading were just review. She loves the computer time and finding new websites for games and activites!


Linking up with:

Tot Gathering Place and I can Teach my Child
Tuesday Tots

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah! I'm a 'mommy Sarah' too... and spelled 'correctly'. Hehe. :) Anyway, such great activity ideas... definitely bookmarking your blog for more ideas to do with Drew! Your children are beautiful and I hope you have a great week. Hopped over from another blog and can't wait to look around a bit more. New follower and I hope you'll stop by and follow back!

    ReplyDelete