Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Wow, I am loving learning more about the Montessori approach. I've read through almost all of the e-book I purchased (link below in previous post) and eager to set up an environment for Livy. We did the rice pouring activity today. It went so-so. After I read more about how to do it, I learned some tips that will make next time much easier. She wanted to work with it twice and the last time it ended in a HUGE tantrum over not wanting to clean up the rice. She went right to bed and slept for 3 hours! She was tired to say the least. I'm LOVING this Counting Coconuts Blog She has so many amazing ideas for incorporating Montessori activities. I especially love her idea for "treasure baskets". She started them around 6 mos it looks like, so I am going to try it with Preston! I am going to shoot for a treasure basket per week. The girls had ballet class tonight and then church after (I am their teacher). Everyone enjoyed the pumpkin spice cookies and carrot we brought. :) I had a flour tray for them to finger-write in and lots of apple printables (puzzles, shape sorting, size sorting, seed counting and numbering). It was fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment