Linking up for the fist time for Muffin Tin Monday! The idea is to serve your child's lunch is some sort of muffin/cupcake/etc tin. Or in muffin liners. Whatever you come up! It can be a good way to make sure you child gets a healthy, balanced lunch, and maybe even try something new when it is presented in a creative fashion! There is no theme posted by MTM, so I decided to do a "stars" theme.
They have baked cheese and salsa tortillas (in wedges and little stars), baby carrots with light ranch dressing, apple slices with peanut butter dip, sauteed veggies (part of my lunch; mushrooms, broccoli, tomatoes with spices) and chocolate milk with blue sprinkles.
Makenna's lunch. She was very excited and kept getting up from the table yelling that her food was so delicious and doing a little dance. :)
When Livy tried hers, she said, "ooohh!" :)
We also made strawberry jello cups with finely chopped oranges, carrots, and sprinkled with organic flaxseed. They weren't quite done in time for lunch.
Check out what others are eating for lunch!
I love the stars! Bet the jello was good too. We made jello this morning to have for snack this afternoon.
ReplyDeleteLove the happy dance! And your meal looks good. Quesadillas are a favorite at our house too! Welcome to Muffin Tin Monday!
ReplyDeleteToo cute!! Stopping by from Mingle Monday. Your blog is precious!
ReplyDeleteLooks great! Cute star tortillas! Welcome to the fun! I love how much more my daughter eats when I just put it in a muffin tin! And she makes better food choices too!
ReplyDeleteI think my kids would love to eat at your house today too Sarah! Delicious choices and I like the chocolate milk sprinkles. I've never tried that before but I'm sure my kids would like them too! Also, it was nice to have your blog visit today and....it's nice to meet you!
ReplyDeleteHugs!
Jenni
I love how excited the kids get when we have Muffin Tin meals.
ReplyDeleteGreat tins!